I’m always amazed at how many wonders exist just within the United States. Within a few hundred miles of wherever you go, you’re sure to find breathtaking views or epic attractions worth photographing.
Below are a few landmarks in the US that you should visit and photograph at least once in your life. These shots are sure to elicit wows from your friends and family. If you get the chance, visit these spots and capture the great memories they’ll bring.
- Mount Rushmore. Nearly 3 million people visit Mount Rushmore every year. The patriotic carvings of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt took 14 years to create. That’s manpower worth photographing.
- Golden Gate Bridge. An instantly recognizable symbol of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge is said to be one of the most beautiful bridges in the world.
- Aspen. Are you a nature lover? Home to breathtaking views and mountains, Aspen, Colorado is one of the most peaceful places on earth. Visit and take snapshots of pure white snowy bliss and wondrous open views.
- The Grand Canyon. More than one mile deep, the Grand Canyon is perhaps the most well-known and photographed attraction in the country, and with good reason – it’s ridiculously gorgeous. Its vastness gives you a greater appreciation for the world around you and provides a stunning backdrop for vacation photos.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park. Perfectly capturing the magic of the Big Apple, the Brooklyn Bridge Park is fun to explore and has numerous “picture perfect” shots you’ll want to Instagram.
- Empire State Building. Also in New York City, the Empire State Building is one of the most famous buildings in the country. I’m not sure there are better views anywhere else. Even the inside of the building, with beautiful art deco murals, hosts numerous sights you’ll be dying to photograph.
- The Liberty Bell. Visit Philadelphia to witness and take a photo of a monumental piece of American history – the Liberty Bell. A symbol of American independence, the Liberty Bell weighs a whopping 2,080 pounds.
- Maui Beaches. Maui holds over 30 miles of breathtaking beaches for you to photograph. Explore these scenic beaches for endless relaxation.
- Yellowstone National Park. Home to stunning wildlife, Yellowstone National Park was the first official national park in the country. Visit for a piece of history and discover many natural wonders to photograph.
- The White House. Included on almost every “can’t miss” photograph list, the White House, also called the “People’s house,” is a landmark everyone should visit and photograph themselves in front of for fun. Everyone will be able to recognize this backdrop.
- New Orleans. From the St. Charles Streetcar line, to the “Tree of Life,” New Orleans is home to many interesting and unique attractions. Enjoy the vibrant city nightlife and scrumptious food and be sure to take as many photos as you can.
- Charleston. If you’re in the mood for a cozy and scenic southern stroll, Charleston is the place to visit. There are many fun things you can photograph and experience, from antebellum mansions to surreal gardens.
These are just a few of the best places to take photographs in the country, but there are so many more. What are some of your favorite American attractions?